Thursday, May 10, 2012

Final project...complete! Plaster casting is fun...if your silicone sets & if you aren't in two hospitals in one week. I have to thank my instructor, Matt Boonstra, for helping me finish this project. If he hadn't made the rubber mold for me there would have been a much different outcome....thanks Matt!




I decided to do casts of boots. What girl doesn't like shoes? The point I was trying to make was everyone can "wear the same shoe" but it's how you decorate your shoe that makes you an individual. I was also making a statement that can we judge someone by their appearance...is anyone person more important than another? Is the "pink boot" less important than the "army boot"? It's all in the eye of the beholder, in my opinion.

Here are a few up close. Everyone liked the army boot, I think because I added my husband's Vietnam Era dog tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment